St. James has been the beacon of light for the downtown community since the mid 1800’s and has expanded world wide starting in the early 1900′s.
St. James currently supports Graham and Sharon Nichols in their missionary efforts in Germany.
We have various missions we are involved with throughout the year, all of which address the human condition of our community.
- Raymond’s Kitchen and Clothes Closet
- Back to school-school supplies and back packs
- Spooky To Be Hungry
- Souper Bowl
- Thanksgiving Baskets for our shut-ins
- Valentine Surprise for our shut-ins
- Teas and Socials for our shut-ins at their respective assisted living homes
- Adopt-a-Child through Action Ministries
- Christmas and Easter breakfasts for the homeless
- Socks and Teddy Bears for GRU Children’s Hospital
- Back-to-school breakfast and lunches for faculty and staff of The Christian Heritage Academy
- Ronald McDonald House
- The United Methodist Children’s Home
- Greeting card ministries
- Family Promise of Augusta – (formerly Interfaith)